Orthodontic Conditions Treated in Roswell, GA
Located in Roswell and serving Sandy Springs and the greater Atlanta area, JMD Orthodontics and TMJ offers treatment for a range of orthodontic conditions.
Orthodontic Conditions Treated by Dr. Dierkes
Dr. Dierkes has developed an “All Things Considered” approach to orthodontic treatment. By closely examining the relationships among the areas listed below, he is able to accurately diagnose and treat all facets contributing to the patient’s issues. This approach results in comprehensive treatment that produces optimal, long-lasting results.
Through a naturopathic approach, Dr. Dierkes treats underlying issues that are contributing to these problems. Nutritional issues are a common problem behind allergy and sinus concerns that cause poor development of the jaw and teeth. By starting treatment at a nutritional level, Dr. Dierkes can begin to accurately resolve a patient’s issues, leading to effective treatments and improved overall health.
- Airway and Breathing Dynamics: A clear airway and proper breathing dynamics are essential to the optimal development of the jaw, teeth, and bite. Mouth breathing is a common sign of airway issues leading to orthodontic problems.
- Crossbite/Underbite: Crossbites and underbites are often related to the crowding of teeth. Left untreated, they can contribute to the improper growth of both the upper and lower jaw.
- Deviated Nasal Septum: A deviated nasal septum can cause a person to breathe improperly, leading to dental changes caused by an obstructed airway.
- Gapped Teeth: Gapped teeth can be caused by underdeveloped upper and lower jaws, overdeveloped or displaced lower jaw, or narrow jaw structure. TMJ issues can also be a contributing factor.
- Malocclusion: Malocclusions such as overbites and open bites can be caused by jaw development and placement issues. TMJ dysfunctions such as dislocation can also throw off the positioning of the bite.
- Open Bite: Open bite is related to an unfavorable tongue position or airway obstruction. Inadequate vertical overlap of upper and lower front teeth are commonly caused by the relationship between the airway and tongue position.
- Neck Pain/Jaw Pain: Neck and jaw pain are commonly caused by TMJ issues. The problems causing pain can be related to airway obstructions or bone structure or may be muscular.
- Upper Jaw: The proper development of the upper jaw is essential to optimal tooth placement and a good bite. Development can be negatively affected by airway restrictions, improper tongue placement, and crowding.
Why Choose Dr. Dierkes?
Dr. Dierkes is committed to providing patients with a naturopathic approach to orthodontic and TMJ treatments. His “All Things Considered” approach to orthodontic treatment carefully considers the relationships among teeth, bone, muscles, TMJ, airway, food allergies, nutritional deficiencies and excesses, and endocrine balances and how each will affect the treatment of the patient. With a holistic approach to the care he provides, Dr. Dierkes believes in patient education and effective communication which allows each patient to make informed choices about their care and treatment as well as fosters a positive working relationship between doctor and patient. While the naturopathic approach may take more time, the care is better for the patient, and the results extend beyond orthodontics and facial esthetics to improve the patient’s overall health.
How Much Do Orthodontic Treatments Cost in Roswell, GA?
The cost of orthodontic treatment will vary depending on the type and extent of treatment needed to correct issues you are suffering from. To learn more about the cost of orthodontic treatment at JMD Orthodontics and TMJ, schedule a consultation today.
Additional Orthodontics Topics:
- Invisible Braces
- Naturopathic Medicine
- Neuromuscular Orthodontics
- Surgical Orthodontics
- Sleep Apnea
- TMJ Treatment
- Two Phase Treatment
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Dr. J. Michael Dierkes, DDS, MS, NMD is a nationally recognized orthodontic specialist who has been creating beautiful smiles for over 30 years. His services have improved the lives of people from Roswell and the surrounding areas, including residents of Sandy Springs, Alpharetta, Marietta, and Atlanta. Whether you are an adult, a child, or a teenager, our knowledgeable staff is committed to helping you achieve the radiant, beautiful smile you deserve. Please call us today to schedule your initial consultation!