TMJ Treatment in Marietta, GA
Dr. Dierkes performs TMJ for residents of Marietta, GA.
Satisfying results in TMJ treatment are accomplished by Dr. Dierkes for residents of Alpharetta, GA. Chronic pain of the head and neck attributed to TMJ is professionally treated by Dr. Dierkes, setting our practice apart from the majority of orthodontic offices.
What is TMJ Disorder?
Complex joints allowing us to speak and eat may begin to function improperly and cause a variety of complications. TMJ is a result of improper alignment of the jaw with the rest of the skull. Patients may possibly suffer from a number of aches and pains all through the body.
- Chronic headaches
- Face or jaw ache
- Cracked or chipped dental restorations
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Chipped, worn, cracked or loose teeth
- Ear congestion or ringing
- Popping and Clicking in the jaw joints
- Tingling sensation in the fingers
- Bruxism (teeth grinding) or Clenching or
- Restricted opening of the mouth
How is TMJ Treatment Performed?
Treatment for TMJ will vary among patients and depend upon each individual patient’s need. We provide the following treatments for patients suffering with TMJ:
- Splint Therapy
- Diagnostic cause of TMD
- Restoration of Muscle Composition -Nutritionally and Hormonally
- Pain Relief Injections within the Trigger Point area
- Botox® injection to reduce muscle contraction
- PRP – platelet rich plasma , a Regenerative Medication aiding in the repair of joint-damage
About Dr. Dierkes
Your treatment will be implemented by our Nationally Recognized Orthodontic Specialist, Dr. Dierkes. With over 30 years of experience, Dr. Dierkes has served as Associate Professor and Chairman for the Department of Orthodontics at Emory University up until 1985, when he resumed his private practice. Specializing in early orthodontic treatments along with associated jaw dysfunction of TMJ/TMD, Dr. Dierkes is recognized as among the Top 10 Orthodontists in the U.S., as reported by Self Magazine. Additionally, Dr. Dierkes ranked Top 10% of his graduating classes, earning himself a distinction of Magna Cum Laude through his degrees: B.S. in Biology – University of Detroit; D.D.S. & M.S. Orthodontics – University of Michigan and N.M.D. – Kingdom College of Natural Health.
|Dunwoody TMJ Treatment||Smyrna TMJ Treatment|
|Marietta TMJ Treatment||Kennesaw TMJ Treatment|
|Alpharetta TMJ Treatment||Atlanta TMJ Treatment|
|Woodstock TMJ Treatment||Roswell TMJ Treatment|