TMJ Treatment in Woodstock, GA
Dr. Dierkes performs TMJ treatments for the residents of Woodstock, GA.
Satisfying results in TMJ treatment are accomplished by Dr. Dierkes for residents of Alpharetta, GA. Chronic pain of the head and neck attributed to TMJ is professionally treated by Dr. Dierkes, setting our practice apart from the majority of orthodontic offices.
What is TMJ Disorder?
TMJ stands for temporomandibular joint. It is the joint that connects the jawbone to the skull. It acts like a sliding hinge allowing the jaw to move up and down and side to side. The cause of temporomandibular joint disorder is not always clear, but causes can include:
- Injury to the joint or surrounding muscle tissue from an accident
- Habitual clenching of the teeth and jaw
- Natural structural particularities of the jaw and mouth that lead to temporomandibular disorder
- Arthritis in the jaw
How is TMJ Treatment Performed?
After an initial evaluation that will assess the individual’s mouth structure and check for tenderness in the head and neck, Dr. Dierkes will give his recommendation for care. Dr. Dierkes takes a conservative, non-surgical, holistic approach to treatment. Each case is unique and will require a different form of treatment. We offer the following treatments at our clinics:
- Splint therapy
- Assessment of predisposing factors contributing to the development of TMJ disorder
- Nutritional and hormonal assessments
- Trigger point injections for referred pain
- Botox to reduce the intensity of muscle contraction
- Regenerative medicine (PRP – platelet rich plasma) to assist in the repair of a damaged joint
About Dr. Dierkes
Dr. Michael Dierkes has been treating patients for over 30 years. He was recognized as one of the top 10 orthodontist in the nation by Self Magazine. He served as Associate Professor and Chairman of the Department of Orthodontics at EmoryUniversity until 1985 when he returned to private practice. Dr. Dierkes specializes in surgical orthodontics, early orthodontics treatment, facial orthodontics, and chronic head and neck pain associated with jaw dysfunction. He practices his nationally recognized, holistic style of orthodontics and TMJ treatment in various cities including Woodstock, GA.
|Dunwoody TMJ Treatment||Smyrna TMJ Treatment|
|Marietta TMJ Treatment||Kennesaw TMJ Treatment|
|Alpharetta TMJ Treatment||Atlanta TMJ Treatment|
|Woodstock TMJ Treatment||Roswell TMJ Treatment|